Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lots of progress!

Tentatively optimistic. That would be my present mood. 

Sincere last post lots has happened. 

From the legal aspect we are feeling much more comfortable. I rewrote our consent contract agreement to one that lists us both as intended parents. We hope that this will help in any future legal meetings to help establish that we both intend to parent this child(ren).   The REI doc was really receptive to this. We're probably his first and only patients to write their own consents!

We started our meds on Friday. I have been getting injections of follicle stimulating hormones once a day. Wife has been enjoying stabbing me when she can. She considers it payback for the two Lupron shots in the butt!  The migraines have not been as bad as last month, but I'm also being proactive. I take migraine medication with each injection and I've only had to go to bed with a migraine once. So all things considered, not too bad. Wife has it easy right now; just pills and patches for the time being.  No side effects for her right now which is good. The hot flashes seem to be tapering down as well. 

I had my first blood work and ultrasound after starting meds yesterday.   I think things are going good. I don't know what I expected, I think I wanted the ultrasound to show I had hatched 30 eggs in the 5 days I had been on the med. as. It is the nurse and pleased with the number and the size. Several on each ovary.  We got called today and they said we are right on track, continue with the medications. The count on the ultrasound was 1 11mm follicle, 4 10mm follicle and 7 'smaller' follicles. The nursewas  being a cheering squad yesterday saying 'hopefully they'll catch up!'  I hope so. I would love to retrieve 12 eggs!!  I know all of them won't be good, won't fertilize or won't become healthy embryos.  So in hoping for more than 5. But we will take what we can. It only takes one to make a baby!! My next appointment is tomorrow and depending on what that ultrasound shows, I may add yet another shot to my repertoire. Ganirelix, is to prevent me from releasing all these fantastically grow. Eggs before they can retrieve them!

Here's to happy hatching!

No comments:

Post a Comment