Friday, May 10, 2013

More legal good news

I'm down right excited after emailing back and forth with one of the lawyers who agreed to help us. He seems optimistic that DOMA will be ruled unconstitutional. However, how this actually effects us is TBD. He also stated he's helped a couple before both get legally declared parents! Also, strangely, he seemed to infer that if we knew the hospital staff responsible for filling out the birth certificate, they might fill it out with both our names if we had an affidavit stating that the eggs were mine.

Interesting.

We are still going to look into birthing in another state that has parent parent birth certificates (Iowa for example). But I'm feeling a tad better. He also stated that an out of state birth certificate shouldn't be a problem in our state! Yay!

About two more weeks and we can take 2 on the hormone front! I'll need to ask for some advise from the doc about those headaches! Oh my! I asked my doc and she said "no touchie". Told me to ask the Infertility doc because she didn't want to mess anything up.

Waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment