Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Long week/Long post!!

So much has happened in the past week!  I probably could/should have kept a day by day journal but we were so busy I'll have to summarize here. 

Last Monday we had our 8 1/2 week US and everything is right on track. The babies are growing like they should and their placentas, cords, and heartbeats look fantastic!  We both had to go to work immediately after. After work we both went to Babies R Us and geeked out at all the baby stuff.   We purchased a handful of things in order to 'break the news' to my parents. 

I had ordered online already a plaque that says 'Grandparents of Twins live here'

I had also already ordered a book that is double sided and is a children's story about what grandparents 'do best'


We then picked up a frame at Babies R Us that says 'Two Peas in a Pod' and put an Ultrasound pic of the twins in it. 


We then also bought two sets of baby booties. White, unisex. 

And then we put it all in a box with each gift separated with a layer I tissue paper and this picture on top. 


Tuesday we shipped the box to my parents. 

All day Wednesday I kept having mini waves of panic hit me when I would remember I just shipped that box to my parents. 

Thursday we want over to Sister's house for a barbecue after work. My parents apparently got the box earlier that afternoon because my father had texted me to ask if it was a Christmas present to be out away! Hahaha!  Eventually Wife and I got in the same place and Parents called and they were ECSTATIC which made me very happy. 

We had planned on going to a local IKEA, on Saturday. Unfortunately by 'local' I mean 1hour45min away. Saturday Wife got hit with one of the worst bouts of nausea she has had and actually threw up for only the second time in three years. So... We postponed IKEA in favor of snuggling in bed. 

Sunday we did make it to IKEA.  Wife was only able to stay in the store about 45 minutes. But that was long enough on the show room to pick out a crib and a dresser to use as a changing table. We also got to look at and discuss a couple of things I wanted to register for.   The IKEA show room was on the second floor and it was so big and had so many people in it the the floor would bounce like a suspension bridge and it was making her sick.   It then took me about 2 hours to fetch all the furniture (pushing two carts) and check out!  That place Is AWESOME!  But also, a zoo...

That evening I was so excited that I wanted to put the cris together right away. Each crib took less than 30 minutes to put together and was super easy!  We then decided the way we would announce to the world we were pregnant was to post a pic of a crib on FB!  Boy are our friends funny. I think it's a mixture of us being witty and most people never expecting us to have kids. 

"We wanted to know what everyone thinks of how we are furnishing the newly remodeled room..."

My favorite responses:
"Are your dogs in a crib, or am I just that tired?"
"Looks like a crib..."

So then after a few hours we posted:
"So, they were buy-one-get-one. What do you think we should do with the second one?"

Even better responses:
"Wait, you getting a baby????"
"Ummmm FILL IT!!!!"
"The babies are bogo? Or the cribs?"

My all time favorite response, I see today was deleted by the poster, aww, it said

"Donate it to a women and children's shelter, or a non-profit daycare"

!!!?  I'm telling you some if our friends just could comprehend that we might actually be having children!!  Several are still assuming we are adopting!

The next few days have been awesome at work. Yesterday people actually cheered and hugged me and have me congratulations when I came in!

Anxiously awaiting the next 4 days until we can have another US. Then I plan in posting those pics on FB and see if that confuses or clears up the situation haha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment