Sunday, July 21, 2013

The nursery is all painted!!

I am VERY happy to say that the nursery is all painted!! 
Don't get me wrong, there is PLENTY left to do, but the painting is done, the drop clothes are up, and it looks like a room again!!

Today I was quite lazy and took FOREVER to get out of bed. I headed to Michaels to see what options were available to help in the 'cloud painting' department.  Wife got this great idea in her head that she wanted clouds on the ceiling. We had picked up some glitter from the paint department that is supposed o go in paint to make it sparkle. We decided to use the sample container of blue sky paint that was too light, to make the clouds. I picked up a couple different sponges at Michaels and headed home. 

I mixed the two sky blues together and used the round sponge to make these clouds of various random shapes and sizes. 


I then used the light blue and a mixture of the light blue and the left-over sampler of the light sand color to accent and make shadows and highlights using a natural sponge. 

Masking came down and touched up the edges. 


Soon I hope to do the baseboards and then we can start looking at furniture!!



No comments:

Post a Comment