Thursday, October 17, 2013

Off to a bad start

Woke up this morning to a phone call. Not only had we missed an OB appointment but I was late for a teaching appointment as well!  Luckily we were able to reschedule the OB for tomorrow and they weren't too mad (I hope). I feel like between Primary care docs, OBs, maternal-fetal medicine (high risk OB docs) massage therapists and dentists, I have more appointments Than I can keep straight (clearly!). I even had the appointments in my calendar, I just didn't check when I went to bed last night!

Speaking of MFM appointments. We had our first one 2 weeks ago. All in all, generally good news. It looks like the babies are all the right size for age and seem to have all their parts. They are girls!!  The only bump in the road is one of the girls had a two vessel cord.   I of course freaked out inside immediately.  The doc seemed to be not too freaked out. He said it is a risk factor for some genetic abnormalities, but since all the body parts look normal, he wouldn't really recommend any further testing and would just monitor closely to make sure that baby grows at the same rate as the other baby. 

Oh good something else to worry about. Have you noticed I'm a worrier?  I can't help it, comes with the territory. 

More important! Pictures! Nice pretty HD ones!!











Baby A was much more cooperative with pictures but they got pretty much anything they were looking for. 

We have another OB appt tomorrow and another MFM appointment in about 6 weeks. By then I think we'll have a good idea if the 2-vessel cord is going to be an issue. ::crosses fingers::

No comments:

Post a Comment