Thursday, February 13, 2014

Babies come in snow storms!

My family on Long Island has been telling me for the past three weeks "Babies come in snow storms!"  This is usually a mantra said as they frantically shovel the porch and walkway of grandma's house so that we can "get out" if Wife goes in to labor.  Well, today, the D-day of our scheduled c-section, there is quite a snow storm. 

The storm started yesterday morning down south in Alabama and Georgia. Unfortunately, this means that my parents, who were scheduled to fly in early yesterday morning, are still stuck. As of right now, they have had a total of 5 flights cancelled and currently do not have a flight.  This means they will not be here for the births which they are quite sad about that. But they will get here in the next day or so I'm sure and as long as everyone is safe that is all that matters. 

We got 1" of snow this morning and are expecting another 5-9" in our area. 

I told Wife she'll get to tell the girls he had to trudge through the snow to getti the hospital to have them and it will be true!

Waiting to go in now. I'll update when we are out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment