Wednesday, January 22, 2014

All good on the sugar front

So after checking sugars after ever meal for the past 2 1/2 days I can say Wife does not have gestational diabetes. 

First time she checked her sugars at home after eating frosted mini wheats we had a bit of a scare when her sugar came back 160. But after she WASHED HER HANDS and rechecked it, it was 100 and now she knows to wash her hands after handling FROSTING before checking her sugar! Lol!

Fasting sugars tend to be 60-90 and her post meal sugars have never been above 119. So I think wife is finally relaxing about that. 

In other news Cabin Fever is setting in around here. 

I spent probably 10 hours over 3-4 days scrubbing the bathroom and kitchen and then yesterday I rented a carpet steam cleaner and spent 6 hours steam cleaning the carpets in grandmas house. They look SO much better!! We all agree I could probably do it again (as the water in the last load was still black!) but I also brought up enough carpet fuzz (about half a cup) that there is concern the wrote might disintegrate if I clean it much more!!

Today, I am a little sore and Wife is going stir crazy!  We've been playing cards and going to Starbucks or Panera a few times a week for internet, but, I have to be honest. She's so bored, and can't do much because he's getting so big.  Her legs are getting swollen enough we actually bought super TED hose and wrestled her into them a little bit ago and it was basically the most entertainment we've had all day!! 

Later I'm going to set up and refills the Pack'N Play "for practice" and maybe assemble the stroller!! Oooh!

I think we are both ready for the babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment