Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's time.

So much going on the past few days. I've been running around and no time to post.  (It's actually taken me three days to finish writing this post)

After we had the scare on New Year's Eve I realized I had to get my shit together!  I called the NY OB office and they told me they had not received any medical records yet. They also let me know that if we did not come in for an appointment by Jan 14th, the OB did not feel comfortable taking Wife as a patient. 

At first I was PISSED!  I think mostly because I was scared. How DARE he make us an ultimatum like that?!   Doesn't he realize where we live?! Doesn't he know I work?!  We aren't possibly ready yet! I can't take off work yet! What are we going to do in NY and with me off work for so long?!

Then I got to thinking...

That's 34 weeks!  

This year I've had friends deliver their twins at 31 and 35 weeks.  

34 weeks is only 6 weeks from a NORMAL due date. 

We have to drive ACROSS THE COUNTRY. 

Holy shit, that's 34 weeks! We are almost there!

The more I thought about, the moser I realized he was being really, very reasonable.  And it was time. 

We had an OB appt two days later and every thing was fine.  We discussed the impending trip an he was like "oh my, we are almost there aren't we". So I'm not the only one who didn't realize things were so far. I think because she hasn't had any problem and I think he honestly expects Wife to go to term.  

So we are (I am) busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I had a call schedule in place so my last shift is on the 11th.  We still don't have everything we need. We have a shower tomorrow (good timing!!) 

I've been busy doing laundry and packing as well I can. We elected to bring The Boys with us. They are just too old and don't really do well without us any more. Plus they have so many meds that have to be managed on a daily basis. The last three times we have left them at home they have gotten sick or had medication errors so it will actually be less stressful to have them with us. 

The trip is about 900 miles. In normal conditions it is a 11-12 hour trip. We decided a few years ago that we are not as young as we used to be and usually make the trip in 2 halves. With the dogs and the uber preggo wife we are budgeting a half day to pack and 3 full days to drive. If it doesn't take that long then great!  But we want to be able to take it slow and not be stressed. 

Mainly this weeks has consisted of me running around doing laundry and trying to figure out how on earth to pack for two adults, two dogs and two baby humans who aren't even here yet.  This has been moderately successful. I have three small bags packed and one living room completely covered in clothes. 

Today work threw us a shower. This was a huge blessing.  A bunch of really awesome ladies got together and we all had lunch and then got lots of much needed baby things!  We probably doubled the amount of baby things we have!!

I probably won't be blogging much the next few days until we leave but the plan right now is:  OB appt tomorrow morning to ensure we can travel. And then three days of work, one day of packing and then leaving on Monday. 

Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment