Friday, April 26, 2013

Delays and disappointment

We got a phone call about an hour after we had gotten home.

We had come home after a nice leisurely lunch and then drive back from Wife's procedure, which took place about an hour from home. We got into bed (I work nights) and got out a laptop and starting to pick out a 'Baby Daddy'. We very seriously had it narrowed down to a few and probably would have made a decision shortly when my phone rang. When I didn't answer it, Wife's phone rang. The messages merely said 'please return call'. Very matter of fact with no information. Ominous. When we called back we were told. 'Wife. Your blood work was no good and we have to stop the cycle.' I am to go back on birth control pills and Wife has to get into the office as soon as possible. They don't know why it's bad or what possibly could go wrong. The concern is that her uterus won't be ready to carry a kid and we would lose the baby after everything.

Disappointment. Understatement of the year. Too many questions. No answers. After we hung up and I napped I woke up suddenly thinking. 'Will Wife have to have today's procedure all over again in a month'. Thy kept telling us the xerox has a 'memory of one month'. Now what?

I know the Wife is devastated. She thinks it is her fault. I'm not sure I can say anything to convince her otherwise. All I know is: back to the drawing board. See what next week brings us. Keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment