Monday, April 22, 2013

Minor setback.

Today is not going the way it is supposed to go.
Yesterday was supposed to be my last day of birth control. Today is the wife's. We had gone out of town this weekend and elected to take our medicine out of the containers and put it in a travel box. Somehow, I forgot my birth control. I realized my error when we got home. Last night I thought about taking it but thought, "well, it doesn't matter now because I'm supposed to be finished tonight, no big deal".
Today we get a phone call. Wife's procedure is delayed till Friday. Not tomorrow. My meds which we were to stet Wednesday, are now to start Friday. And I need to take TWO MORE days of birth control pills. F@$&! Five minutes later, I shit you not, I started my period. Not to mention, I rearranged my entire work schedule around our planned med/lab work/ultrasound/procedure plan! I can't just reschedule it again!!

Crap.

So I stressed about that for a few hours at work before I resumed my normal Zen state.

The IVF people called back.

They double checked with the doc and promise everything is ok. They think everything might get pushed forward a day or two (great) but it SHOULD still be within the window of our original schedule. I can only hope at this point and try not to stress. It'll happen. It'll be fine.

On a fun note, we cleaned off the dining room table and set out ALL our meds and labeled them all with when we start them and how we take them.

There are a lot of meds and its a little confusing. We both have some medical knowledge. I can't imagine how people with no medical background would feel!!




No comments:

Post a Comment