Thursday, June 6, 2013

10 eggs!

June 6th 16:00

The initial results are in. 10 eggs were retrieved!!
The procedure wasn't so bad. I was so so so nervous in pre-op. wife finally told me to take a nap, which is how I deal with stress. I remember going into the OR, getting on the table, and then feeling very very woozy from the drugs. The next thing I know, I woke up back in pre-op. 

Had a little pain for the first couple hours. Like a period, and then it went away. I have now been without meds for over 6 hours without any real issues. 

As I am writing right now, those ten eggs are getting fertilized!!   Tomorrow they will call us and tell us the results of the fertilization and we will know how many embryos we have!  Of course I'm hoping for ten, because that will give us our best flexibility. But all I really want is enough to have one or two healthy kids. 

Omg, these kids are going to be so loved!

Oh!  No more shots for me!  Wife had to start her progesterone shots. Which she will be taking for the next three months or so, soon to be followed by Lovenox shots for at least three months. So now is her chance to be the pin cushion!!

Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment