Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lots of news!

So, of the 10 eggs, 9 were mature! And of those 9, 7 fertilized!  So as of right now  we have 7 embryos!!  So exciting!  If all goes well we could implant 2 and have 5 to freeze!  This doesn't necessarily translate to 7 babies, but realistically it could translate to as many as 3 or 4!  Really pretty pleased with the results!

The procedure wet really well, the 24 hours following the procedure were basically pain free and I was like "What's the big deal? Why do I have to refrain for any physical activity for 2 weeks?!"

Then Friday afternoon came around. At first I thought it was just gas pains. But then I noticed that any chane in position was giving my gas pains. And my belly was starting to look fat. By the end of the day yesterday I swore I looked 3 month pregnant with a cute little baby bump. No! I'm not the one getting pregnant, what the hell is going on?!

This morning I got up and Wife looks at me from across the room as I got dressed and suddenly says "aww, Honey, your belly hurts doesn't it?!"  Which I thought was kind of a weird statement, because, at that point, I hadn't really said anything other than "good morning" and I wasn't flinching or holding myself awkwardly. Until I looked down. 
"Holy 5 months pregnant belly Batman!!!" Omg. I have a tumor or something growing inside me at an alarming rate!  And when I push on my belly its firm. This was really a problem as I had a party to go to tonight and quite narrowly managed to fit into my clothes!!
I know that the belly swelling and such isn't completely abnormal.  I have a friend who has donated eggs three times and she warned me about this. But I still wasn't prepared. All I can hope for is thy it doesn't get ANY worse. I don't anticipate that I was truly hyperstimmed, although my levels did spike very high. So as long as I don't start having severe pain or trouble breathing, I'm basically just going to keep trucking. 
Wife adds ANOTHER med today. And we implant in THREE MORE DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment