Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Almost there!!

Yesterday I went in for my last Bloodwork/ultrasound appointment. 

Good news!  From what I could see, I have 4-5 follicles on my left ovary all measuring between 14 and 22mm and the right ovary may have as many as 8!!!  

My bloodwork spiked quite a bit over the weekend so I only took one of my two meds last night.  

The plan:  today I took my last morning shot (to prevent releasing the eggs). Then tonight I get my big shot of hCG to make the eggs mature in anticipation of retrieval.  Tomorrow, no meds!!!  I have to be honest, my sharps container can't hold any more!

 And Thursday morning at 1100 is the procedure!!!

I'm so nervous. I'm a little nervous about the procedure. Sure, there's something about sticking a 6" long needle into and through your vagina into your ovaries and sucking the eggs out. But really, I'm nervous about after. I'm nervous I won't make enough eggs. I'm nervous the eggs won't be good enough. I'm nervous they won't all fertilize. I'm worried they won't grow healthy embryos. I'm worried they won't implant right. I'm worried we'll miscarry. I'm so worried we will be devastated. 

But I can't think about that too much. Positive thoughts!! In just 48 hours they will be retrieving eggs and fertilizing some babies!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment