Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Omg omg!

Wow!  So I apparently started this post 4 days ago!  Which means I haven't posted in a week!!! Holy shit has a lot happened!!

So exciting the last 8 days!  

Following our positive home pregnancy tests we had an appointment at the clinic. Wife had her blood drawn and then we waited somewhat nervously all morning for the results.  We had already taken the home pregnancy so we were slightly less anxious about an overall, but were anxious for 'a number'.  Apparently the nurses said they like to see 'a good 50' to signify that the pregnancy is taking well.  I had to go to work (all the more glad we had already taken a pregnancy test, I wanted us to be together when we found out).  I got a call at work: bHcg was 375!!  Omg! Very pregnant!

Then we had a very 3 more days to wait as we waited for Monday to come along. The bHcg is supposed to double every 48-72 hours. So finally Monday came and the blood draw came and went. Again I was at work and get a text:


I couldn't hardly think at work!! So awesome!  The nurse was apparently flabbergasted. Although, really, considering how high it was on Friday it's about right on. 

Then we had to WAIT to have blood drawn again on Friday!! Uugh!!!

Friday came and soon I got another text...



The most we were hoping for at this point was 4000. But 7000!!!???

I'm now simultaneously terrified and exstatic!  7000 means very healthy and very pregnant. It also, very likely, means twins. Twins!!! We were ok with twins or at least we thought we were,or we would not have implanted 2. But now, omg, we might have twins!!

Of course the worrier keeps coming up with the idea that something might be WRONG. I know it isn't, can't be.  But I can't shake it. I dreamt we were having twins. Dreamt I saw the US. I'll just be happy when I can see that US and I know everything is ok. Then, hopefully, I can relax. 


No comments:

Post a Comment