Sunday, December 22, 2013

The End is in Sight and Losing Faith

30 weeks today!  



Can't believe how smoothly things have gone. Lots of stressing every day on my part, but Wife is apparently a fantastic baby baker!

At our 29 week appointment we had a great US report and a long closed cervix. Babies both 3 lbs and growing, only 10% different in size. Signed off for an appt in 3 weeks!



Wife's sister threw us a baby shower today. She put a lot of work in to it!



Unfortunately, almost everyone who RSVP'd, no-showed, but the handful of us had fun and ate too much junk!

Guess the candy in the diaper




Unfortunately, as we get closer to our Estimated Due Date the stress level about all the unknowns go up. I emailed the OB who agreed to deliver us in NY and now he sounds less than thrilled about the prospect, which also makes me nervous.   We talked again about whether we still want to leave the state to have the girls. It's obviously a safer choice and more convenient to stay in out home state.  I'm having second thoughts. Wife still wants to go, she doesn't like the idea of me having no legal right to our children, to my biological children, and I don't like it either but I want everyone to be safe more.   I'm going to recontact some lawyers I was speaking to early in in this planning. Maybe with the way marriage equality is moving in our state things might change to allow me to adopt my own children sooner rather than later.  Our state had a case brought before it's superior court a few months ago, the case is now postponed til Feb but I'm not sure when. Most likely it won't help us before they are born, but maybe soon after?  Or we keep talking about moving, maybe we just need to move to a state where we can both be their parents? I don't know. It seems like no answer is the right one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment